Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Why ask why? I don’t

  

Fireweed on dog park trail 

I pray for a swift recovery for S and good  news from her doctor each time

I am grateful for this beautiful early autumn water

IJN

12-14-2016


From Lee Daily Five Substack 9-6-26 A New Attitude:

 I cling to what I am with great determination

which in the end is strange, 

because if I ever get a real sense of what I am, 


immediately I see that I am almost nothing, 

and that there is nothing here to cling to. 


The body and the mind and the emotions seize on life 

as if it were prey and attempt to devour it. 

And my whole attitude is, in this way, mistaken. 


I need to realign myself with a different attitude 

if I wish to live 

and have an understanding of life 

in a right way. 


And in order to do that, 

it is very important for me to stop clinging to life, 

to relax my grip on it, 

to let it go, 


to acknowledge that it does not belong to me

and to set it free 

so that it can find its own way, 

rather than having me as a tyrant and a dictator. 


Set free in this strange and usually unknown land, 

coming into its own natural condition,

Life always begins by greeting the body in its sensation 

with a kind of love. 


For life does not see the body as an enemy, 

but as a friend. 

And as I sit here receiving life, 

receiving life in a new form of stillness, 

I see the way in which the breath 

brings me into relationship with the energies of the planet. 


I see the way that gravity gathers them here. 


I see the way in which these energies have a wish to align 

with the influence of the Sun and its light. 


And I slowly begin to sense a state 

in which every cell and molecule 

acknowledges the light that is already in it. 


Already ready, able, and willing to align with the sun. 

And as I breathe the atmosphere of the planet, 

I begin to receive the gentle and intelligent emanations of the Sun, 

which come deep into the body here 

as a truth and as a blessing beyond measure. 


And even my negativity is touched by this 

in such a way 

that it admits its attitude is incorrect. 


And I see why the Lord's Prayer asks me to forgive, 

just as I request forgiveness. 

I begin to see more organically 

that in every part of me a new attitude is needed. 


And I bring the great prayer here to say….”

No comments: