Sunday, September 13, 2026

Harvest

 

Delicious stolen apples from my neighbors

 “ And if your love really is so pure, so detached, and so bare in itself, that you love naught but goodness and God, then it is a certain truth that all the virtuous deeds performed by all men are yours, as perfectly as if you had performed them yourself, and even purer and better.” M. Eckhart Ser 12 fr Lee Substack Inner Christianity today

   This strikes me as the flipside of E’s Attribution to Buddhism Friday that anything happening to any person in the world can happen to you. That seems more secular somehow, whereas the above seems more sacred and desirable.

Lee’s commentary is encouraging:

 And there is nothing greater in this life than God’s grace, God’s love, and God’s goodness, which can indeed flow into your being. 

We need but open our hearts for this truth to arrive in us. And oh, that is so strangely difficult. Yet it should not be. 

For love and goodness are already here within all things throughout creation. 

We just fail to notice them. 

And it is because we do not have the sensation of God in our being. 

But we can find it if we search.”

         I admit that I thought I am no longer a seeker, I have already found. It seems I’m wrong. There are other steps to climb  Help me, Jesus, to continue the search  


No comments: