Sunday, October 4, 2026

Ibrahim redux

Color deepens. Nuances too. 
This morning 7:33am

   Ibrahim still on my mind, in a neutral way. He-this encounter-has become an impression to cogitate, a story to tell all my peops. How to craft it?  As a joke, as a victim, to startle my listeners as I first was. But I realize I have sympathy and empathy for a man I see as old and ugly, like me, and i imagine him as an old Arab ripped from his birth land through God knows what traumas—war? Little education? Bad dental health?😜 patriarchal authoritarian culture? Hates his job in the land called the Great Satan? Lack of empathetic imagination?  He can’t consider my possible problems. I do and I don’t consider his—I’m willing to trumpet as a story of personal and foreign rudeness what to anybody I know, while I can’t say that he considers the encounter at all past its moment.  Internalconsidering on both sides

  From Lee, Daily Five Substack:

“For life to be open, the body must be open to life. 


For the body to be open to life, sensation must be open to being. 


For sensation to be open to being, it must become primary


so that life is not a thing of the head and emotional reactions, 

but a thing of the heart and the way it beats. 

Life and sensation, 

dwelling in the blood of the body. 

Searching for a seat in the heart of love. 

Denying every force that would hijack them, derail them, 

and move them into territory 

other than that of love and kindness, 


So that the roots of sensation and being can reach deeper, 

deeper into the body 

in their search or contact with the soul. 


And this is a practical matter to be investigated 

here and now 

through breathing and through the circulation 

of the energy of sensation throughout the body,


which distributes itself equally to every particle, 

without preference, without hesitation. 


So that the body and blood become a whole thing here, 

within life and being….


Here we are. 

Life and being made one 

through the sensation of the body; 

and this is the place where secret songs are sung. 


Songs of subtle feeling filled with love and goodness

which penetrate everything at the root of creation. 


Here within us, now. 


The question is always whether I can resist my negativity

and put the sensation of being before all other things

as the rule and the law. 


As obedience and intelligence,

so that goodness and glory 

may have a firm place to stand in being. 


Lord, have mercy.”


   God the whole world adores you in the beauty of its creation. And I am shy to acknowledge and say I Adore you. I can see my sins and I ask your pardon. I thank you forI ask health and cleaning and light for S today and every day. I pray your aid for all my loved ones. I pray your blessings on Ibrahim IJN

No comments: